MTD over Ethernet with IE module & Option M.
- Network-based studio timer distribution
- Up to six different timers/timezones
- Utilizing existing Ethernet infrastructure
- Configuration at any workspace
- PoE (Power over Ethernet is supported)
- Reads NTP as the real-time reference
- MTD (Multi Time Display) is a studio timer solution developed and designed by PLURA to deliver several features like
- Up countdown timers
- Down count timers
- Difference timers
- Timezones via the userbits of the LTC.
- With the newest option M for PLURAs IE ethernet module, MTD data isn’t bound to Timecode anymore and can be sent over local area network, so control units and displays can be used in a flexible and mobile way. Only a network port is needed to have full studio timer access with a display or control unit.
- The timer distribution via network can be used in versatile and user friendly ways:
- Control units and displays are usable in a mobile way.
- They can directly be installed in any place as a plug-and-play style.
- There’s no more a need for a circumstantial LTC distribution,
- Accurate studio time can be displayed any WHERE.
- Configuration can be done at any workspace in the studio.
- Several devices I.D.s can be assigned with alias names and groups.
- PoE (Power over Ethernet) supported, only a single CAT-5 cable is needed to hook up the hardware.
- A complete MTDoE system consists of the following minimum configuration:
- A referenced generator module
- A timer control unit
- An ethernet module IE
- Option M for the IE module
- MTDoE can be added afterwards to an already existing generator system.
- The following products are available as MTDoE control and read-out devices:
TCUE : Timer Control Unit, tabletop housing
UD25E : 25mm display, 19” 1RU
UDD25E : 25mm double display, 19” 1RU
UD25TTE : 25mm display, tabletop housing
UD56E : 56mm display, 19” 2RU
UD56ES : 56mm display, seconds ring, 19” 2RU
UD300E : 300mm display
- PoE feature is an OPTION for all UD display devices except UD56ES and UD300E as PoE feature comes standard.
- If PoE is needed, option UD-PoE has to be ordered additionally with every display except UD56ES and UD300E.
- If the existing network switch doesn’t support PoE, you can order PLURA ethernet power injector (PI).
- UD126E & UD178E don't support power over ethernet.
Interface for Communication and Synchronization of an MTDoE System
The MTDoE System Installation and Operation Manual
Product Model ID: RUB IE Module description Ethernet interface module (10/100baseT) RUBIDIUM series 1 & 3 Ethernet Module
IE-Options for RUB 1 & 3
IE-M MTD over ethernet (option N is included)